Home » Archive

Articles Archive for November 2012

Legal »

[26 Nov 2012 | No Comment | ]

Dual intent visas allow visa holders to enter the U.S. while pursing lawful permanent resident status (green card status). Not all visas allow for dual intent; in fact the list of those that do is very short. Individuals that are allowed dual intent are those with H-1B visas (foreign workers in specialty occupations including their spouses and minor children with H-4 visas), K visas (fiancées/foreign spouses of U.S. citizens and their minor children), L visas (corporate transferees, their spouses and minor children), and V visas (spouses and minor children of …

Legal »

[16 Nov 2012 | No Comment | ]

Too often I see cases where a person is faced with being totally inadmissible to the United States for the minor act of claiming U.S. citizenship when in fact they are not citizens. This is a dangerous mistake that some immigrants make; whether they are undocumented or permanent residents, this can cause serious issues down the road. Thanks to the unforgiving section 212(a)(6)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), any foreign national who falsely claims to be a U.S. citizen for any purpose or benefit, is permanently inadmissible to …

Uncategorized »

[5 Nov 2012 | No Comment | ]

There are several kinds of nonimmigrant visas for temporary visitors to travel to the U.S., if you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident. The nature of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under U.S. immigration law. It’s important to have information about the type of nonimmigrant visa you will need for travel, and the steps required to apply for the visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Purpose of Travel to U.S. and Nonimmigrant Visas
Visa Type
Required: Before Applying …